Mind Gym is a behavioural science business that uses psychology to help global brands drive positive organisational change. They were looking to deliver a digital transformation programme. Their goal was to create a suite of innovative coaching & e-learning products that would enable the business to generate additional revenue streams and branch into new markets.
We were contacted by their Interim Head of Product, who had previously worked with Futureheads on a contingency basis, as both a client and a candidate. To leverage the talent and experience already within the business, all the work needed to be delivered in-house. This meant Mind Gym had to assemble a digital function from scratch and needed our help to make 30+ hires, across multiple disciplines.
- We embedded a Talent Partner and an Account Director.
- We established a close relationship with senior stakeholders, HR and their Internal Recruitment team and got to work quickly.
- We supported the Chief Digital Officer in shaping a hiring plan and provided market insights around skill sets and salaries.
- We created job specs from scratch and helped to establish an assessment process for each discipline.
- We worked closely with Mind Gym’s HR team to smoothly integrate into their business, define new processes and to formalise a positive onboarding experience for new digital hires.
Adapting to Covid
- During Month 2 of the project, The Covid-19 outbreak and subsequent government restrictions required us to adapt and evolve.
- We, along with the rest of Mind Gym, began working remotely.
- We helped the hiring managers to adapt the interview process and supported HR to establish a remote onboarding experience.
- This allowed the project to continue at pace, whilst ensuring that the candidate experience was not compromised.
- We initially made 6 freelance hires to create a mutli-disciplinary product team.
- We also provided payroll services and IR35 consultations, utilising our assessment tool and 5i methodology.
- This allowed Mind Gymso to commence the first phase of work, while we set about assembling a permanent team who would be able to take the project to the next level.
- We have made 29 perm hires across Engineering, Design/UX, Product, Content and Ops, including a CPO and CTO.
- We worked with the internal recruitment teams to help upskill their knowledge across digital hiring.
“Futureheads have helped me quickly build a world class engineering team from scratch over a 3 month period. Their “hit rate” from CVs to phone screens and on into interview has been excellent throughout. They have also been outstanding in helping to secure the right talent in the final stages.”
- Dave Lush, CTO, MindGym
If you’re interested in finding out more about how we could support your growth plans, get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07843349475.
Read more about our brand new service offering, Futureheads ON, which blends onsite talent partners with our unrivalled networks to help businesses scale.
Other similar news
Futureheads Five Stories – Dave...
Dave Lush is CTO at MindGym. He kindly took 5 minutes to share with us his career journey so far and the biggest lessons he’s learnt along the way. What’s the...
Futureheads Five Stories – Lee ...
Lee Cross is the co-founder and Managing Director of Skull Mountain, a digital product consultancy servicing a portfolio of clients comprised of global brands. He is also an associate director...
Case study | Equals
https://www.wearefutureheads.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Master-16x9-short_1.mp4 The situation Futureheads ON partnered with Equals, a FinTech organisation focused within the FX market. They were on a journey to launch several new products and needed to make...