- Contract type:Permanent
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London, GB
We are looking for a Web Developer to work alongside the Senior Developer and Project Manager in the digital team. This is a brand-new role in the department, created as part of our process to migrate from third-party web development agencies to our new in-house engineering team, whilst implementing new best-practice digital processes.
The primary responsibility of the developer is to work on implementing the digital roadmap, which includes the re-engineering and major functional improvements of the website.
However, the developer will also be working on maintaining a number of Legacy websites, which have a vital role in supporting the administration of the fairs.
The developer must have the technical ability to build new products from scratch, working on both the Front End and the Back End. A keen eye for visual detail and aesthetics, the ambition to learn new skills and a passion to keep up-to-date with the latest trends in web development are all important qualities.
The developer would also be someone who is willing to work on an existing codebase, someone who has excellent debugging skills, is able to quickly switch between different projects and have the ability to sometimes work with some ambiguity in specifications.
Technical Skills & Experience
- PHP and object-oriented knowledge, preferably with experience in MVC frameworks
- Drupal (or other CMS) experience advantageous, especially theme building
- Understanding of version control concepts and best practices
- SQL and relational database knowledge
- Knowledge of the command line
- Experience in agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Strong visual awareness, a flair for visual design and a keen attention to detail
- A passion for digital technology
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Desire and willingness to grow with us