UX Designer – Leeds – Digital Transformation Consultancy
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£32,000 - £45,000
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:Leeds, GB
A successful, mid-sized digital transformation consultancy with a clientele of leading national brands are looking for a UX Designer. The team are specialists at solving complicated problems in the Retail, Healthcare and Finance spaces, with experiences which delight the end user both on and off-screen.
It’s clear from their case studies that this isn’t an agency which simply produces deliverables based on a client spec. Instead, this is an agency which intertwines with its clients over a decent length of time (usually 3-9 months) in order to understand the business laterally in order to produce the best and most appropriate design solutions. I’m happy to share detailed case studies exemplifying this with interested parties.
This business has been operational since the early 2000’s and in that time have evolved from a traditional agile software development house, into a fully-fledged digital design studio. They’ve agreed several new work schemes with existing clients and therefore need this additional support. Therefore, this is very much a growth hire for the business as it continues to expand.
Their current Head of UX, a long-time friend of Futureheads, joined the business 3 years ago and has successfully built out the UX function since. We have a lot of respect for this team leader and feel that they would be an exceptional mentor to an ambition UX Designer. You’ll be joining a growing team of 4 UX designers, working on projects in 2 weeks sprints in collaboration with internal UI designers, developers and product owners, alongside any of their clients existing teams.
As a UX designer within the business, you’ll be responsible for:
- Defining digital transformation solutions
- Conducting user research activities and creating supporting documentation (personas, user flows, user journeys etc.)
- Creating responsive wireframes and prototypes
- Conducting validation activities to help validate the success of a proposed solution
- Minimum of 1 years of experience as a UX Designer, or 2-3 years as a UI Designer.
- Experience creating BAU UX artefacts, including personas, user journeys and wireframes.
- Strong and confident communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to utilise a range of design tools – ideally including Axure, but this is a flexible requirement.
This is a great opportunity for a UX designer to develop their skills further within an experienced team and under a talented Head of UX. Further, this would also be a great role for an experienced UI designer who aspires to transition into the UX discipline.
If this sounds like a role of interest then please do share your CV and portfolio with Me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks, looking forward to hearing from everyone!