- Contract type:Permanent
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London, GB
We have partnered with a not-for-profit organisation that works with the government, the charity sector & the finance community to engage individuals and solve entrenched social problems across the UK and elsewhere. They pride themselves in pioneering social programmes that improve people’s lives. They have ties in the UK, US, Middle East and South East Asia, and have mobilied more then £500 million into initiatives since their inception over a decade ago.
This has directly helped thousands of ex-offenders re-adjust to life and contribute to society, thousands of children in the social care system, teenagers at threat of school dropouts, elderly people with loneliness and mental health issues, homeless and rough sleepers, and more. In line with the World Bank, the Global Fund and other global enterprises, they aim to end socially entrenched issues. A true chance for someone to be part of something deeply good.
They are looking for a User Researcher to work with their social and public-sector partners, to design new services, improve existing ones and support project development. This person will;
- plan, design and implement User Research strategies
- undertake a variety of methods (qual and quant), including group meetings, interviews, and more, to generate insight
- work closely with users, senior leadership and others to generate feedback and possible improvements to services
As such, the background of this person may be:
- Circa 2 years’ experience as a User Researcher, Service Designer or similar
- Proven ability in user centred design thinking
- Confident communicator
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively when needed
- Self-motivated and driven to drive social change
This role is a genuine opportunity to be part of an organisation driving change in our society, and improving the lives of others in a profound manner.
If this role sounds of interest, please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0203 998 1513 or email@example.com.