- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£35,000 - £44,000 per year
- Duration:Full time
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:North London
Permanent Middleweight Designer
Location: East London
Job Type: Full Time
Currently working with a creative consultancy and marketing tech company that’s united by a vision: to change the way businesses grow by realising the full potential of their digital ecosystems.
Their mission is to challenge businesses to self-disrupt; to reimagine the way they deliver value to customers by plotting bold new paths.
They developed a new kind of digital business model; a hybrid Consultancy/Agency model that provides business leaders with the digital expertise and guidance to develop customer- centric strategies enabled and powered by digital experiences.
After 6 years of operation the company is taking on some huge new projects and is keen to reinforce and expand its current design team with the addition of a new Middleweight Designer. Working on our various existing projects as well as new ones that you will own, their aim is for this new Middleweight Designer to be a dynamic, creative force behind the work they do.
Middleweight Designer – The Role:
The ideal candidate should be an eager all-rounder, keen to learn from the team and embed themselves within the current design team. You’ll be eager, innovative and daring in your concepts, and polished and professional in your portfolio. A relevant bachelor’s degree can’t hurt, but a strong portfolio and agency experience is far more important. Please supply portfolio links or documents with your application.
It is most important for the successful candidate to approach the challenge with an open, enthusiastic, and creative approach to the role. Designing for digital across all sectors, adaptability is key as the agency’s work ranges from substantial digital products to small- scale websites. Their focus is on digital, but the successful applicant will also have the chance to work across brand and identity – sometimes for the same projects. This will mean you have complete creative ownership of your design projects. This is a âmidweight’ position but has the potential to quickly grow as the company grows. It is an exceptional opportunity for the successful candidate to join at an exciting stage for the business and have the impact of their decisions felt in a small and tightly knit company.
You’ll be working alongside the senior designer, you may find yourself busy with any of the following:
– Briefing meetings
– Taking part in concept development discussions
– Working on brand, digital UI and UX briefs from concept to completion
– Generating concepts and ideas with the creative team
– Meeting & presenting to clients
Middleweight Designer – About You:
– 2+ years of design experience within agency or in-house roles, or equivalent freelance experience
– Strong portfolio demonstrating variety of design skills & experience
– Solid workflow on Adobe software, Sketch and prototyping tools
– Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
– Strong UX knowledge and experience delivering innovative UI concepts across a range of digital products & platforms
– Experience of creating responsive designs for cross-platform display
– Creative flair & excellent design skills
– Ability to work independently
– Strong attention to detail
– Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure and to strict deadlines
– Passion for new software, technology, design trends & new media
– 3 mental health days per year
– Active company social life
– Christmas and summer parties
– Work from home until post-pandemic where flexible working will be encouraged
– Flexible working hours
– Bi-Annual appraisals
– Flexible training budgets for you to develop your skills
– Opportunities to learn about other digital disciplines