Software Engineering Manager – Data / BI
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£75,000 - £85,000
- Start Date:ASAP
Futureheads is partnered with an award-winning, data-driven sports marketing agency… Who are just getting started.
We are looking for an experienced and technical Engineering Manager to join their expanding team in central London.
Currently, their team of 200 in three regions worldwide help sports properties build direct relationships with fans, to help grow engagement and revenue. Working with the leading global sports properties (such as the EPL, Formula 1, Wimbledon, UEFA and FIFA) but have barely scratched the surface in terms of what can be delivered.
You will lead a team of 10 multi-disciplinary engineers in providing data and BI solutions for the largest sporting organisations in the world. Using your development domain knowledge and past engineering expertise, you lead the teams in designing, developing and implementing industry leading data solutions. You plan requirements with both internal teams and clients, guiding projects through the entire development lifecycle. Including managing schedules, prioritisation, identifying risks and clearly communicating these to stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analysis and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in development with engineers.
When you’re not driving project delivery, you’re coaching, mentoring and nurturing the engineering team. Evolving roles descriptions, competency maps and learning pathways. Evangelizing collaborative, agile working practices and role modelling the company values to help grow and nurture a high performing happy team.
This role will be reporting directly to the Technology Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of engineers through coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelise great engineering and organisational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with company values
- Plan, organise and prioritise work in conjunction with the development team and communicate with stakeholder and cross functional teams.
- Identify, manage and communicate project dependencies and risks with stakeholders
- Help nurture mature release and software development processes driving continual improvement
- Work closely with Service Delivery to promote and embed agile and mature devops practices between development and technical operations.
Skills and experience:
- Proven track record in a Development Manager or Technical Lead role working with data warehouse and BI technologies.
- Previous technical background in the design, development and delivery of Data and BI solutions, ideally using a Microsoft tech stack. Although this is not a hands-on technical role.
- Proven talent management and leadership capabilities
- Strong stakeholder and cross function team management skills
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of agile & devops approaches, processes and tools with a proven track record in implementation and adoption. Experience with JIRA a plus.
- Dependable project management skills; scheduling, prioritisation, risk identification with clear stakeholder engagement
- Flexible, adaptable, tenacious and enjoys working in a fast-paced growth environment
- Ability to work both strategically and operationally; avoiding unnecessary complexity
- Confident in tailoring communications and content for a wide range of stakeholders from senior management and hands-on engineers.
As this is an urgent requirement for our client please do not hesitate in submitting your profile to be considered.