Software Developer in Test
- Contract type:Permanent
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London / Remote, GB
Futureheads is partnered with a Sports Marketing Agency who provide data analytics solutions for numerous high profile clients across the sporting world including FIFA, Wimbledon Tennis Championships and Formula 1.
Data enables sports organizations to better understand, and grow stronger relationships with, their audiences and partners. Using data effectively, to guide compelling digital content tailored for the right audiences, consistently results in growth across all business lines. Our client’s work helps their end clients drive business growth by delivering the right message or product to the right customer, through the right channel, at the right time.
They are seeking an experienced Software Developer in Test preferably with Python skills to join the team. This is a unique opportunity to take ownership of automated testing in a growing organisation and be instrumental in how their QA function is built in the longer term.
This role will work closely with the both the Data Engineering and Product teams, to ensure you have a great understanding of requirements and can then work with Engineering to define test cases. Key to this is the strategic move towards building out automated testing, and a focus on improving resiliency.
You will have an in-depth understanding of the Product, and capable of identifying and prioritising the most critical areas of the product, and where attention if required. You will be helping improve their existing unit tests and leading a new suite of integration tests.
You will have:
- Experience of building an test automation framework
- Pytest library (Python)
- Deep understanding of Unit testing, Integration Testing and Functional Testing, their purposes and how to run
- Confidence to take ownership of code (not infra) resiliency, and to target and support where this needs improvement
- Working within an Agile/DevOps framework
- Automated Regression Testing
- Testing in a Data Analytics environment
- SQL (ideally MS SQL), Python
- Highly performing communication skills with both individual and groups
- Self-starting and inquisitive
Nice to have:
- Azure (Data Factory, Function Apps, Logic Apps
- Azure DevOps
- Pipeline Testing (ideally Azure Data Factory)
- Performance Testing experience
- Front End Testing
This is a vital and urgent vacancy for our client so please do not hesitate to send through your profile to be considered.