Senior UX Designer – Cambridgeshire
- User Experience ,
- UX Designer ,
- User Experience Lead ,
- Interaction Designer ,
- Strategist / Planner ,
- User Experience Architect ,
- User Experience Manager ,
- User Researcher
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£50,000 - £60,000
- Location:Cambridgeshire , GB
A Medical Devices and Innovation consultancy is looking to expand their digital offering with a UX Designer.
They primarily work in the area of industrial & (physical) product design applied to the field of medical devices (class I-III), and have worked on digitally enabled health-tech applications in the past, and this is an area they want to focus more energy into going forward, along side their bread and butter.
The work that you’ll be doing will be complex and rewarding, looking at drug delivery systems, diagnostics and even surgical devices. The team you will be working with will all be highly intelligent, motivated and skilled and this applied across the board for designers, researchers, human factors and hardware/software engineers. This role will give you the opportunity to make some really meaningful quality of life improvements to caregivers, healthcare professionals and most importantly patients.
You will need to be accomplished as an end-to-end UX Designer, working from defining the product strategy, concept development and ideation, through to wireframing and prototyping. You will most have a chance to be involved in Research too despite having an established User Research department.
You will be used to evangelising the benefits of good Research-Led User Experience, and using your exceptional communication and storytelling skills bring both users and clients on board with your vision.
- Bachelors Degree
- Post Grad in HCI/Interaction Design/UX or Psychology
- 3-4 years of commercial UX experience at the least
- Experience working in high performing cross functional teams, with a strong collaborative spirit
- An interest, or even better, experience in Life Sciences and Health-tech, as you’ll be working exclusively in this area
- Medical Product Development experience would be highly valued