Senior Product Designer (end-to-end)
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£55000 - 65000
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London - Zone 1, GB
A great opportunity to join an EdTech business (voted top 20 EdTech start-ups in Europe) that was founded to help young people around the world realise their potential.
Having closed a large investment round ($3.5m) from top global investors, they are one of the most innovative, fast-growing Education Technology businesses in Europe and great time to join them.
What’s the opportunity?
They are currently on the lookout for an experienced Product Designer to lead on a new major project as well as contribute highly impactful, transformational changes to the core product.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in, and help build out a flourishing Product Design faculty, focused on UCD best practice, and experience how product design is done at a fast-growing, Series A start-up.
What you’ll be doing…
Embedded into the product engineering teams, as the Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for creating and defining the user experience they offer across the product landscape, working on impactful projects. This is an end-to-end product design role, spanning a wealth of disciplines from research, insight & data, to design and validation.
This means as a Product Designer, you will…
- Be the focal point/lead, on a new project, working closely with product managers, other designers, and developers in order to bring ideas to life.
- Develop a deep understanding of users’ needs by conducting user research on both micro and macro scales.
- Prototype and validate designs, iterating on them and testing with real users.
- Utilise existing and contribute new, scalable, elegant design patterns to our design system, and use them to realise your solutions.
- Understand the value of your work by setting metrics, tracking measures of success and learning from outcomes.
- Be part of a Product design team that are integrated with an agile product development lifecycle, and work closely with the Customer Support and Marketing teams on a regular basis, seeking opportunities to increase the impact and reach of user centred design
- Draw on your skills in research and testing to offer valued input that helps the wider product team decide what to work on next.
What you’ll bring…
- Experience working in UX/Product Design roles for SAAS products.
- Experience in conducting research, insight and analytics data gathering and making use of it in your design process.
- Experience in user testing your prototypes and interpreting feedback to inform iteration.
- A portfolio which shows your end to end UCD/UX/Product design process with examples of problem solving where you make the complex seem simple.
- The ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and process.
- Experience of mentoring/ managing others in a design team.
- A keen eye for detail.
What they’ll provide…
- Competitive salary depending on your experience.
- Personal development: the company can fund books, courses and conferences that can help you learn and grow.
- Opportunities for flexible and remote working hours, encouraging everyone to have a healthy work-life balance.
- Annual offsite: they organise a retreat once a year where the whole company gets together
- Regular socials and early finish Fridays once a month.
- A comfortable office in zone 1 with fruit, tea/coffee, snacks, ice creams and a drinks fridge.
- Career progression and development
- Private health insurance
- Employer’s pension scheme
- An open and democratic work culture where everyone can contribute, learn and teach