- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:up to £75K
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:Central London, GB
Futureheads are currently recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to join a leading publisher to develop a tool that enables authors to publish their work. The position will not only look after the tool but the whole end-to-end user journey for authors. The company operate in the scientific publishing space and candidates with prior knowledge of this area will be a distinct advantage.
The organisation has a 150+ year history and is looking moving toward a more agile and product-centric way of working and this position help the wider team and company along this journey.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owning the strategy and roadmap for services and products for researchers, academic authors and peer reviewers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, particularly those who produce journals as well as technical and design teams
- Representing the voice of users, ensuring their needs are met
- Improve product functionality and usability including the website and direct communications with researchers and authors
- Communicating your plan and strategy to executives, and share your work with colleagues in show-and-tells
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Proven and considerable experience as a product manager, particularly on products for which customer service is a key element or someone that has worked across a service re-design
- Experience and/or knowledge of scientific research or publishing will be highly beneficial
- A track record of creating and executing your plans successfully
- The ability to work with a magnitude of stakeholders
- excellent skills in communications and influencing, and the confidence to challenge the status quo
- Experience coaching teams in Product best practice and ways of working
This is a great opportunity to be part of a business that is becoming more tech-focused and starting to prioritise their digital strategy.