- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£50,000 - £60,000
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London, Zone 1 , GB
A great opportunity for an experienced Product Designer, with a strong focus on UX, to create tools and services that enable this AI start-up to deliver the value of AI to the world. Your mission will be to design a world-class data science platform that is delightful to use for data scientists of all levels of technical expertise.
Artificial intelligence is the most important technology of our age, but it is only valuable when it is applied in the real world – enhancing products, improving services, and saving lives. To make AI real, this start-up helps organisations work out what they can do with AI, and then they help them to do it. This requires three things: the right strategy, the right skills, and the right software and this start-up help with all three.
The platform is one of the industry’s leading data science deployment and workbench toolkits. It makes it easy for data scientists to explore data, run experiments, and develop and deploy models.
As their new Product Designer, you can expect your key responsibilities to include:
- Working closely with the platform team and data scientists to create new solutions for complex, ill-defined problems, through discovery and ideation
- Conducting interviews and usability tests with data scientists to understand their workflows and pain points; synthesising findings and communicating insights to help inform the long-term product roadmap
- Communicating your design thinking through user flows, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, and visual designs (with varying levels of design fidelity), presenting alternatives and justifying design decisions where necessary
You’ll need to be able to work autonomously across the end-to-end design spectrum from discovery and ideation, through to prototyping and implementation. You’ll also be expected to carry out research and ideation activities independently and proactively.
The core skills they are looking for to complement the current team’s skillset are UX-related, but you’ll also need to be able to take ownership of the entire design process and create visuals using an existing design system.
Ideally, they would like to see the following in a portfolio:
- Evidence of working on complex software or enterprise platforms
- A portfolio showcasing a range of projects, with examples of your design process and artifacts you produced along the way
- Experience in carrying out the end-to-end design process independently, with a strong focus on UX activities, including user research, usability testing, workflow mapping, wireframing etc.
- Examples of work where you have done discovery and research to understand a problem and then synthesized your findings to come up with design solutions
You’ll be joining a small but very talented team of designers and an extended team of engineers and data scientists who have to date applied AI to over 300 projects globally, including using AI algorithms to increase donations at a charities, recruit rugby players, predict energy consumption and stopping the spread of online propaganda.