- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£40,000 - £50,000 per year
- Duration:Full time
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London Bridge
I’m working with a super interesting start-up with a positive impact who are looking to make their first two in-house product design hires to work end-to-end on their SaaS style web product.
They’re on a mission to change the way childcare is delivered. In a post pandemic world where flexibility is key for parents, they aim to be the trusted network of childcare for parents that need to meet the demands of our modern world, and adapt post covid as the world keeps changing.
Their mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by the whole team – to be brave, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, they’ve brought together a top team of product folk, engineers and industry experts to help revolutionise the way parents engage with the childcare world and now looking for their superstar Product Designers.
In addition to being mentored by a brilliant and well-respected design director, you’ll also get to work closely with a talented team across research, product, engineering as well as operations.
Purpose of Role
- Explore and communicate design concepts for digital products through artefacts like sketches, userflows, wireframes, prototypes
- Create reusable assets like UI kits, icons, illustrations and infographics
- Help add visual delight to the product that users will love
- Validate design concepts by eliciting user feedback, measuring usability, considering market analysis and balance against technical constraints/opportunities
- Create’ looks like/ works like’ prototypes that help tell a project’s story with industry-standard design, prototyping and handover tools
- Participate in design research, user research and validation testing
- Partner side-by-side with engineers to bring designs to life and to quickly resolve challenges
- A strong portfolio with examples of customer-facing products, ideally in a marketplace setting
- Comfortable working with modern web design tools (Preference for Figma)
- An entrepreneurial mindset – you want to be working on exciting, big problems
- A self-starter who is comfortable working in a continually changing environment and dealing with ambiguity, and shifting priorities
- Excited to pitch in with broader team and business responsibilities
- Have 1-3 years experience and want to continue to grow. You seek out opportunities to learn, advocating good feedback with those who you work with.
Qualifications and Experience-Essential
- 1-3 years of experience as a product designer in a commercial environment
- Understanding of interaction design, communication design and user-centered methods
- Experience working in cross functional Agile teams to build and iterate great products
- Experience designing a tech product for parents, or in the childcare industry
- Experience designing a marketplace product, a booking platform and/or B2B as well as B2C
- Experience in non-product design categories; publishing, illustration, animation, print, photography, etc
- Base Salary £40 – £55,000 based on experience
- Competitive benefits package (pension, wellness plan, discretionary bonus, hybrid working)
- The opportunity to help shape their processes and product, and grow with in the business quite quickly due to a flat hierarchy
- Office space in London Bridge to work and socialise from