Product Design Lead
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£65,000 - £75,000 + 10% bonus
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:Borehamwood, GB
About the company
Well known and much much-loved e-commerce brand.
About the role
You’ll own the Product Design strategy – creating and becoming the guardian of a style guide/design library that aligns with the Product strategy.
You’ll be leading a small but talented Product Design Team, mentoring, and guiding existing team members with potential to build out the future team.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you’ll be working closely with the product team on future roadmap ideas and concepts and play a key role in driving the introduction of new user research techniques and assessing their success on an ongoing basis.
A bit more about the role
- Lead and mentor Product Design team with the view to build the team in the future
- Opportunity to be hands whilst leading a on design strategy
- Create and implement style guide and ensure UX/Design aligns with defined principles
- Leading on User Research and testing
- Creating wireframes, prototypes
- Using data to create user centric products
- Advocate for and be the voice of the user
- Work collaboratively with both the Product and Development teams
And now a bit about you
A hands-on product designer with experience at looking at the bigger picture and working with a Head of Design/ Product to develop a design strategy.
- Ability to evangelise design thinking within the broader organisation, including leading approach to design sprints
- Strong experience in building prototypes / discuss solutions with Product and Dev
- Able to demonstrate different user research techniques
- Experienced in agile and design sprints
- E-commerce experience is highly desirable
Here at Futureheads we want to create an environment where true diversity is second nature. Futurehead or not, we encourage an open dialogue and we want you to feel able to share your needs to be comfortable and happy. Whatever your background and regardless of race, creed, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status our commitment to you is that you should always feel safe and secure when you’re working with us.