Principal Product Designer
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:Up to £75,000
- Location:London/ Remote, GB
About the Company
I’ve worked with this studio for a few years, placing some amazing designers in their London team who have all had great things to say about how they work, their culture and their approach to design.
They specialise in end-to-end digital product and service design for global brands, with offices globally. Their approach to design is based on three principles: collaboration, iteration and measurement. The result is evidence-driven design, where both clients and customers are part of the design process to create new and better digital experiences.
One of the few benefits to have come from the pandemic is that businesses have accelerated their investment in digital solutions which has resulted in an increased number of projects and size of projects at Foolproof, hence their continued growth during this period. They anticipate this will continue to grow over the next couple years and is a great time to join.
About the Role
Due to continued growth throughout pandemic, I’m now looking for another Principal Product Designer to join them. Not only will you get to lead projects and deliver world-class digital solutions for globally recognised clients, from strategy through design and development into delivery to market – principal level designers also play a key role in shaping the design philosophy at Foolproof.
You’ll be part of talented studio team made up of Product Designers, UX Researchers, UX Writers, Strategists and Client Consultants delivering design concepts and solutions – presenting design and creative thinking to clients, with an emphasis on design execution and its relevance to customer-centred design. You’ll continue to be hands-on whilst also playing a key role in shaping the design philosophy as well as leading various team members; heling shape their careers.
- Shape and evangelise the design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
- Line management of various team members; setting and measuring their performance during appraisals and throughout the year.
- Providing recommendations for promotion, salary reviews and bonuses within your team to line management when necessary.
- Sharing project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Deliver design concepts and solutions to meet the needs of the business and its intended audience
- Present design and creative thinking to clients, with an emphasis on design execution and its relevance to customer-centred design
- An established track-record of delivering design solutions for high profile digital products or services
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for different platforms
- Leading cross-disciplinary design projects and overseeing more junior members of the team
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities as well as the ability to articulate, rationalise and document visual directions
- A deep understanding of motion design and how it’s applied to interaction and user interface design to reduce perceived latency and improve clarity of communication
- Undertaking of primary and secondary research, as a core part of your design process, particularly RITE