- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£70,000 - £85,000
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London (Zone 1), GB
We are looking for another exceptional practitioner in the field of experience design to join a well-known and forward-thinking design studio who are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. They work with the world’s most ambitious brands from strategy through design and development into delivery to market.
You will be responsible for delivering world-class digital solutions for their globally recognised clients.
You will need a passion for digital design, able to spot a misaligned pixel from 500 yards and crack jokes about typography. You have a strong command of typography, motion and interaction design and can communicate the underlying principles and theories to those around you.
You will work alongside leaders in the UX design field in a supportive environment where you will be able to thrive and grow, as well as mentor and manage more junior practitioners. Here, Principal Designers are encouraged to share their experiences and methods with peers in and outside of the business.
Role and responsibilities
- Delivering design concepts and solutions to meet the needs of the business and its intended audience, in an exceptionally high degree of fidelity and detail
- Help influence a culture of constructive critique within the studio
- Presenting design and creative thinking to clients, with an emphasis on design execution and its relevance to customer-centred design
- Identify and communicate objectives for each project you work on, to ensure the studio achieve the win/win for their clients and their customers.
- Proactively share project progress for review by the Creative Director
- Support the costing and planning activity of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the programme management team and notify them of risks
- Support the wider sales team by identifying business opportunities, leading pitches, and generating ideas and suggestions for prospective work
As a manager and mentor
- Line management of various team members; setting and measuring their performance during appraisals and throughout the year
- Organising regular meetings with your direct reports – to discuss and assess their work
- Providing recommendations for promotion, salary reviews and bonuses within your team and line manager, when necessary
- Sharing project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members
- Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, as well as attending or speaking at industry conferences
- Challenging yourself and others to think creatively and improving the standard of work by making recommendations for training and development
- A creative, inquisitive mindset.
- An insistence on following human-centred design principles
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills
- Fastidious attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work
- An established track-record of delivering design solutions for high profile digital products or services, preferably agency but client side will be considered
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities as well as the ability to articulate, rationalise and document visual directions
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS
- A deep understanding of motion design and how it’s applied to interaction and user interface design to reduce perceived latency and improve clarity of communication
- Undertaking of primary and secondary research, as a core part of your design process: particularly RITE
- Experience of pitching and winning new business accounts
- Experience in mentoring and line-managing senior level (and below) designers
- Leading cross-disciplinary design and front-end development teams, preferably at a programmatic level