Lead UX/ UI Designer
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£65,000 - 75,000
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London, GB
Futureheads are partnering with a start-up Insurance-tech company operating in a specialist field in their search for a Senior- Lead UX/UI Designer to join their established Product Team.
The business has successfully built out a platform to support insurance underwriting and risk analysis using data and AI (for the ship) are now looking to grow their offering (for the ship’s cargo) whilst continue to develop new services and features. In line with this, the team are undertaking a mix of new product discovery and design, alongside iterative feature lead sprints.
The business has direct access to users and so are embarking on direct consumer research and testing. You’d work alongside a Product Director, Technical BA and engineers in a team of around 13 but would also support and oversee a small team of designers working across both products.
They’re looking for:
- A hybrid UX/UI Designer with experience in user journeys, prototyping, wireframing through to polished UI
- Approximately 5+ experience within a UX/UI Design or Product Design role
- Research and testing experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to manage deadline and good attention to detail
- An up-to-date design portfolio showing not only clean, visually-pleasing visuals, but also the “how” and “why” with a focus on the user need
- A solid understanding of visual design, typography, grids and layout
- Experience in Sketch, Invision and the Adobe Creative Suite
The complexity of these tools and services mean you’d have the opportunity to work with exciting new technology in an ambitious business with substantial investment alongside a talented team.
Despite a very niche sector, this role will allow you to work closely with the small but specialised user-base to develop a game changing tool in the industry. There’s also huge scope for growth in the business so a great time to join!