Lead Software Engineer
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£70,000 - £80,000
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:Leeds, GB
Futureheads is partnered with one of the leading banks in the UK in helping them find a talented Lead Software Engineer.
Their ongoing goal is to put technology at the forefront of their culture and transform banking.
In the General Insurance Lab they focus on giving their customers the most efficient and effective support in their moment of need. Helping people every day to deal with issues, accidents and crises that impact their lives.
The main focus of this role will help reshape our technology landscape and build extensive capabilities across their platforms and people. Moreover this is an excellent opportunity to have a real impact in modernising their ways of working and the technology they utilise.
Want to know more?
You’ll be hands on taking on a technical engineering role, supporting the building, developing and maintaining of a highly productive software engineering team instilled with the ethos of delivering high quality solutions.
You’ll take ownership for the technical strategy and direction, help define and shape backlogs and instill a culture of high quality and assurance.
About the role:
You’ll also have a strong background in modern Software Engineering, integration and introduction of 3rd Party packages/tools. You’ll be at ease with leading edge tooling (github, Jenkins, Sonarcube, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc) and have a laser focus on shipping high quality features with great delivery flow.
You’ll have strong interpersonal skills, proven development and support experience with a thirst for developing self and mentoring colleagues to maximise their potential.
So what will you be doing for us?
Reporting directly into the Senior Engineering Lead, you’ll:
- Turn concepts into highly available applications and systems using modern languages and platform.
- Actively lead on application architecture, data flows and detailed technical design. Ensure that analysis includes the wider view of technical and business impact.
- Take accountability for code quality, security and scalability and have an equal grasp of the overall systems you and your team will be working on and how it meets the needs of the end users and customers.
- Balance the commercial requirements of the business against the ideal technical design, proposing sound phased or tactical implementations where appropriate.
- Understand the importance of non-functionals such as real-time monitoring, good alert design and great logging strategies (perhaps using grafana, ELK, Splunk, statsd, etc). Ensuring systems perform well to deliver the best user experience possible is something you consider as part of the normal delivery process.
- Enthusiastically support and mentor other team members, working with them to help them develop their skills.
- Support the implementation of continuous integration to enhance deployment processes.
This role is a Leeds based but the you’ll be expected to undertake some occasional travel depending on team demands.
What we need from you:
- Strong Software Engineering background and a consistent track record in leading a team of Engineers to achieve their potential.
- A commitment to embed modern engineering practices and discipline and strive for high quality
- To lead by example and encourage a growth mindset culture
- Experience of modern technologies, DevOps, and agile development practices;
- Technical and practical usage skills in
- .Net (C#) would be an advantage
- Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices.
- Accountable for patterns and practices to be communicated across wider Engineering Community.
- Develop own technical domain knowledge and take responsibility for own development journey and those of more junior Engineers.
If this is sounding like the next step in your career please do not hesitate in sending through your CV.