Lead Product Designer (UX/ UI)
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£65,000 - 80,000
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:Manchester, GB
As their first Lead Product Designer we’re looking for a seasoned contributor that can deliver excellent design for the front-end responsive web platform and native apps. Detail and data obsessed you’ll be happy working in a high ambiguity environment and will possess the skills to find a way forward to progress design excellence.
Reporting to the Head of Experience Design, you’ll be responsible for the rollout, versioning and quality of the design system, pairing with engineers, researchers and Product Managers as necessary. You’ll also be happy to jump in and help with work across other cross-functional teams and will be accountable for the digital aspect of the brand and where they take it in the future. You’ll have autonomy over strategy and execution with guidance from a high-profile leadership team and peers across the Product team.
You’ll get the best of start-up culture at a household-name company with millions of users.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead design excellence and define standards across our web and mobile platform
- Own and deliver intuitive, efficient and delightful user experiences across our website and app
- Follow ideas through from conception to execution
- Work collaboratively in a flexible way with other designers, Product Managers, researchers, engineers and stakeholders
- Level up design team processes through thought leadership, exemplary critique, work shopping techniques and ability to operate strategically as well as at a pixel level
- Demonstrable experience producing excellent UX and UI design, backed by data within a cross functional team environment
- Demonstrable experience building, implementing or maintaining a design system from design tools through to collaborating with Engineers to deliver front end components
- 7+ years’ experience in digital design
- Use of Agile & Lean methodologies to develop and deliver solutions cross-functionally
- Confidence to lead the design output of a brand with millions of users
- Ideally advanced Figma user
- Wide range of prototyping techniques at various speeds and levels of fidelity
- Hands on experience with UX Research techniques
- Ability to communicate and defend design decisions in front of senior stakeholders.
- Ability to formulate a convincing business case for design improvements.
This is an exciting time to join a household name that still feels like a start-up. In the last year the company has undergone a major transformation under new senior management to prepare the company for growth.
As a result, they have invested in the product teams and are working to upgrade systems to the latest technologies. By 2020 they’ll have a world-class eCommerce stack and a development platform comparable to the world’s most agile start-ups. At the heart of this strategy is a new design system which will be consumed by every part of the consumer facing business