Lead DevOps Engineer
- Contract type:Permanent
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London, GB
Futureheads are partnered with an exciting eCommerce client within the sports industry who are working on a major migration of their current infrastructure onto AWS. The team is built up of multiple talented engineers who are producing software that enables their mission – to be the most influential brand in their industry.
We are looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer who can come in and take ownership of the current migration and help prepare releases in a nicely orchestrated way. You will be expected to automate manual tasks through process re-engineering, eliminate unplanned downtime and explore new DevOps tools. This role would suit an individual with strong experience across cloud platforms and a desire to showcase their skills in a sociable and technical astute team.
The company are based in the heart of Central London and offer a unique working environment with lots of perks to make it a desirable employer of choice.
- Implementing CI/CD, identifying the obstacles around automated testing, pipelines, deploy processes, and leading the effort to overcome them.
- Migrating infrastructure from dedicated to Cloud (AWS / Azure).
- Increasing efficiency of engineering team through developing automation around Git, JIRA, Slack etc.
To be considered for this role you will need to display the following:
- Extensive experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong knowledge of software containers (Docker) and deployment automation (Kubernetes)
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members
- A genuine passion for technology and best practices