Junior-Mid UX/UI Designer
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£30,000 - £50,000 per year
- Duration:Full time
- Start Date:ASAP
What is the role?
We’re looking for a UX Designer to support the ongoing design of our energy digitisation programme and drive the strategy for our mobile app, among other new and exciting innovations and partnerships. You’ll do this under the coaching and guidance of our newly appointed Director of Digital Design and the Senior designers in the team. This role requires a solid foundation of quantitative and qualitative research methods, design, ideation, and prototyping. You’ll have a solid foundation of design process and methodology, facilitating workshops, managing stakeholders, exploring new techniques and pushing the team and the corporate vision forward. You will champion the client, helping the product, development teams and the wider business understand customer behaviours, needs and motivations and represent the voice of the customer at every opportunity.
Customer (or User) Focus;
• Understands customer needs and experience through analytics, research and direct observation.
• Makes research driven recommendations to improve the overall user experience.
• Uses design tools to understand and explain the customer view (e.g. Personas, archetypes, Journey Maps, Task analysis).
• Learns about our competitors and regulations in the market.
Creative Problem Solving
• Asks the right questions to explore the problem from a number of angles.
• Iterates and tests solution to check it solves the problem.
• Proposes solutions when faced with a new design challenge.
• Collaboratively analyses the results of research to recommend solutions.
• Looks for opportunities to develop new ideas or thinking within own role.
• Assists in developing product / feature concepts following UCD practices.
• Iterates and delivers design assets, clearly articulating design rationale for product or feature concepts / components using tools such as wireframes, prototypes, and process flow diagrams.
• Works with existing design patterns and style guides, occasionally introducing new patterns.
Data Driven Analysis & Testing;
• Ensures work is tested with users collaborating with other functions as needed.
• Iterates work based on testing and data analysis.
• Explores data from analytics packages, customer insight or other sources to understand context of work.
• With support of team, uses data to establish key metrics for projects.
• Understands the nuances of researching in different contexts (remote / in person / unmoderated /moderated).
• Uses design and prototyping software to intermediate level (e.g. Figma, Axure, Sketch, InVision).
• Has a good knowledge or learns quickly about the tech stack of the product or organisation.
• Understands the nuances of designing for different platforms.
• Proactively identifies personal needs for training in technical skills.