Head of Service Delivery
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£70,000 - £75,000
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London, GB
Futureheads is partnered with a boutique consultancy specialising in service, product and business design, information, digital and technology. Helping their clients transform their organisations and services across the public, private and not-for profit sectors. Some of our most recent clients include large government departments, charities and technology companies.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Service Delivery to join the team. This will report to the Managing Director, and will be a key adviser to the Board several other senior stakeholders within the business. You’ll play a central role in day to day delivery, and in the strategic development and growth of the company.
You will be responsible for:
• Putting together and delivering great services for clients, by designing and setting up project teams and work packages, and by providing quality assurance and on-the-job coaching for the team, alongside the team of Performance and Skills Coaches
• Becoming a trusted advisor and strategic partner to clients
• Working with People Team to ensure they have the right pipeline of people – both permanent employees and Associates – and that are set them up for success
• Developing and implementing company strategy with the Managing Director and Board, particularly around growing the business.
Your skills, experience and personal qualities
You will need to be a self-starter, experienced, flexible and resilient, and good at collaborating with others. The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong experience and knowledge of agile delivery, with an awareness across agile disciplines and an eye for what good looks like, who can spot problems, innovate and spread excellence
• Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people and great “handling” skills (negotiating, influencing, listening, working through things that really matter)
• Experience of delivering high quality services (either in a professional services business or internally), including managing or overseeing multiple projects and people
• Ability to lead, coach, inspire and get great performance out of other people, with a genuine passion for maintaining and developing a high-performance culture, and for making this a great place to work
• Ability to think strategically about how to build and maintain a people-focused professional services business, with either prior experience of, or an interest in, developing capability and services
• Ability to make things happen, and specifically within a flexible / small company setting
• Strong emotional intelligence skills, including self-awareness, ability to read and carefully observe other people, and the ability to challenge, to work your way through ambiguity and fast-moving situations, and to adapt
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We think this role could suit someone who has experience of Agile Delivery Management, Programme or Portfolio Management. It might also suit someone who is a senior practitioner of one of the other Agile disciplines (Product Management, Service Design, Business Analysis, User Research). You will probably have prior experience of:
• Building new functions and teams
• Digital transformation in the public sector, and GDS service standards and assessments – or you’ll be able to show evidence that you can adapt to this setting and would bring strong transferable skills.
As this is an urgent position please do not hesitate to send through your CV to be considered.