Head of QA
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£70,000 - £80,000
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London, GB
Futureheads is partnered with an AI start-up based in central London in finding them a hands-on Head of QA.
They’re at an exciting time in their journey and they are now looking for someone to take ownership of their QA roadmap and build a suite of automated, integration end-to-end tests whilst collaborating closely with remote development teams. This will also be responsible for a small team of QA Engineers who currently focus on the testing of new features on their product offering.
The successful candidate will expand on their knowledge of DevOps techniques, and software development in general whilst utilising an ‘automation first’ approach.
Moreover this offers the unique opportunity to impact QA process across the whole business whilst contributing greatly to their working culture.
What you will be doing:
- Have overall responsibility for the testing and quality of the AI product
- Define the processes for all levels of testing (unit, integration, etc) and environments (dev, qa, production), including which tests are run when and where (eg nightly build with full automated regression)
- Design and develop a suite of automated integration, end-to-end tests
- Collaborate closely with the remote development team, especially the two QA Engineers who contribute new tests (manual and automated) as part of the new feature development
- Be the first point of contact for investigating and estimating new production issues
- Validate new releases of the product and trigger their deployment and post-deployment tests
- (Optionally) Undertake DevOps tasks related to the production environment
- Commercial experience of the whole workflow of QA for a SaaS product (unit, integration, smoke, performance, during dev / stage / production, planning, etc)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of writing automated integration, end-to-end tests
- Preferable experience of managing a small team of QA Engineers
- Preferably, practical experience of performing DevOps tasks (Dockr, AWS)
- An understanding of digital advertising technology would be a bonus but not essential
As this is an urgent and instrumental vacancy for our client please do not hesitate in sending through your CV to be considered.