Head of Product
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:upto £90,000
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London, GB
We are currently working with an exciting Edtech start-up who are empowering 6th form and university students to improve decision making at a crucial stage of their lives. After raising a significant amount of Series A funding at the end of 2017, they are looking to hire a newly created Head of Product to manage a team of 2 Product Managers, one based in the UK and one based in Europe.
The company is on a growth drive, looking to increase headcount by 60% in the next 4-5 months and look to hit their target of increasing active users of their platform by 100%. They offer both students advice and guidance on what their options are for at the end of their courses and opens a large base for colleges and universities to attract international students.
The company has a high performing and proven management team in the start-up/scale-up space and have an AI and a data-driven approach to product, making decisions based on the user’s needs that make a difference to young people’s lives. Their main platform is a SaaS based B2B product and this position will play a key role in developing a new marketplace product for the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and deliver a product roadmap that drives commercial outcomes
- Leading and coaching cross functional teams to develop product best practice
- Drive a focus on measuring and iterating on user engagement metrics, from user acquisition through to referral
- Take full ownership of the Product life cycle, from ideation to build to product marketing
- Collating and acting on customer feedback, product analytics and engagement data
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Proven Product experience in a B2B SaaS and/or marketplace product environment
- Proven experience leading a product function
- Experience working in a start-up/scale-up environment, preferably between Series A and Series B funding rounds
- The ability to manage and cross functional teams in an agile environment
- A data driven approach to product management
- A great problem-solver, clear communicator, self-driven and have a passion for what you do
- Experience launching products in Edtech is also beneficial but not essential
In return the company offer a great work-life balance which includes flexible and remote working, allocated time for personal development and learning, annual offsites, private medical cover and potential stock options.