Head of Infrastructure
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£90,000 - £95,000
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London, GB
Futureheads is exclusively partnered with a publishing company in the financial services sector, based in London, in finding a Head of Infrastructure to join their senior leadership team.
A key hire, they are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Manager to oversee the architecture and operations within the business. You’ll bring your IT leadership skills to the table, acting as a key contributor to management team discussions on how technology can support the business.
What ‘Infrastructure Manager’ means to them
As a member of the Management team, you have a key role in shaping the future of the IT & Operations teams. A key objective will be to design the roadmap for the development team, working closely with the CIO to create and implement this. You will oversee the delivery of this roadmap, managing the team to ensure the output reflects the agreed vision for IT.
This is a hands on role; managers enjoy remaining close to projects, and will be able to translate requirements between the development team and the board, while making strategic decisions.
You will also help to coach and support the wider team, creating an inspiring team environment creating a collaborative environment and encouraging the team to volunteer new ideas.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the DevOps resources, internal support team and 3rd party support provider.
- Working with CTO, CFO and Operations Managers to create the roadmap, and oversee the successful delivery of this.
- Creating a DR/BC plan
- Leading and managing an offshore DevOps team
- Leading and managing an internal support team
- Presenting and recommending ideas for improvements and upgrades
- Review project progress and overview of the performance of all team individuals
- Facilitate the smooth delivery of all team projects, enhancements and support
- Promote secure by design’ principles where appropriate
- Creating a focus on quality with small incremental changes and frequent delivery
This is a fantastic time to join a fast moving, expanding company that will offer you the chance to enhance existing skills and develop your experience while adding immediate value to the business. You will be working within an existing team of DevoOps engineers, and support people, and have the chance to set a strategic vision for all these areas as well as tackling some of the big areas such as remote working, secure access etc.
Skills and Experience
- Project and Resource Management
- Managing on site and remote teams, as well as 3rd party supplier relationships
- Office infrastructure and support
- DevOps best practice for development, CD/CI, support and maintenance
Knowledge and Experience
- IAAS on AWS for DevOps through Cloudformation and Ansible
- Continuous integration through Jenkins
- Office 365 experience
- Administration of databases and data warehousing
- WordPress plugins and administration
- Messaging service such as RabbitMQ
- PHP deployment and operations
- HTML and CSS
- JS deployment and operations
- Good basic networking and comms knowledge
Who you are
- Should be detail orientated, and highly organised
- An excellent communicator, good team player, who possesses strong analytical skills.
- Self-starter, professional, first class interpersonal skills with high energy and enthusiasm.
- Should be professional and respectful of others and honest.
- Able to work well in a fast, high pressure and changing environment with excellent decision making skills. Proven ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to aptly identify opportunities and influence team to act on them.
- Should possess a problem solving attitude for tackling a diverse range of challenges and responsive to the needs of the business.
Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast moving environment, dealing with staff at all levels.