Head of Engineering
- Contract type:Permanent
- Start Date:Asap
- Location:Central London, GB
We are partnered with an up and coming FinTech start-up based in central London who have a vital vacancy for a Head of Engineering to join the organisation.
Their mission is to offer wealth management products that are less complicated and allow for easier management of one's finances, moreover their ambition is to help a generation invest in their future.
Established in 2015 they have grown rapidly in line with their userbase, in order to support this growth they are looking for a Head of Engineering who preferably has experience with managing small to medium teams. You'll also have a technical background and experience with developing large scale and performant systems. You will be leading their core engineering team across API, iOS, Android and QA teams to take the company and mobile apps which currently serve thousands of users on a daily basis to the next level.
This would be an exciting stepping stone for a technical lead or lead developer who is looking to climb the career ladder whilst remaining hands-on, as well as candidates who are established engineering managers looking for their next challenge.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for managing, providing guidance/support, mentoring and structuring various team members and to continue to support our collaborative and supportive culture.
- Carry out one-to-one meetings with individual leads to listen and guide and address challenges ahead.
- Hands on development where needed, ranging from helping the team to meet app release dates, resolve bugs, investigate live issues, to discussing technical challenges to help scale systems further.
- Participate and contribute to weekly sprints so that projects can be broken down into deliverables and priortised accordingly.
- Be involved in the hiring process across the tech function to bring on additional team members to continue to grow the team further.
- Work with the wider teams including product managers and owners, UX designers, platform team and customer delight teams.
Who you are
- Collaborative attitude and you enjoy working individually as well as within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate effectively.
- Problem-solving mindset and critical thinking attitude.
- Passion and belief in a collaborative and supportive culture.
- Passion or interest in the fintech industry and being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in growing, leading, managing and guiding a technical team, small or large.
- In-depth experience in C# and the .NET ecosystem.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Azure and its capabilities and offerings.
- Experience with SQL server and optimising SQL queries.
- You have worked on large scale systems.
- Experience with mobile, web and API platforms.
A glimpse into their tech stack:
They primarily use C# .NET and Microsoft Azure to host and run backend applications. Here is a list of some of the tech and tools in use:
- C# .NET Web API, ASP.NET MVC, Hangfire, NUnit
- Sql Server
- Entity Framework
- Microsoft Azure
- Octopus Deploy
- Java and Kotlin for Android
- Swift for iOS
Please do not hesitate to apply to be considered.