Head of Engineering
- Contract type:Contract
- Salary/Rate:£600-1000/day Inside IR35
- Duration:6 months
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:Remote (UK), GB
Futureheads are partnered with a national social good charity who are looking for an interim Head of Engineering to support the business for the next six months, starting asap. This role will be primarily people centered, so are looking for an experienced collaborator and people manager who can get the best out of their hugely talented team.
As Head of Engineering you will oversee a multi-disciplinary technology function of 30, consisting of front and back end development, QA, and DevOps. With three major programs of work in motion we are keen to establish a more scalable structure for line management and introduce an inclusive leader, who can champion diversity and foster an environment where everyone can bring their full self to work.
Day to day you will interact closely with the Head of Product, Tech Leads and Technology Director.
Key requirements for this role:
- Extensive experience leading teams that design, build and run a wide variety of software applications (predominantly web).
- Led multi-disciplinary technology functions and agile teams, with a successful track record of coaching and improving.
- Managed diverse stakeholders and worked laterally to accomplish tasks.
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to create a positive working environment in which equality and diversity are embedded in every aspect of the teams work and output.
- Ability to communicate technical nuances and explain decisions, trade-offs and risks to tailored audiences.
- Strong understanding and background in modern web application stacks.
The business has made a positive commitment to providing employment opportunities for all under-represented groups so welcome all applications.
We are also open to considering those interested in fractional roles.
Here at Futureheads we want to create an environment where true diversity is second nature. Futurehead or not, we encourage an open dialogue and we want you to feel able to share your needs to be comfortable and happy. Whatever your background and regardless of race, creed, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status our commitment to you is that you should always feel safe and secure when you’re working with us.