Head of Engineering
- Contract type:Permanent
- Salary/Rate:£80,000-100,000 + equity
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London, GB
Futureheads are partnered with a start-up operating in the Fintech space, serving an underrepresented segment of the market. We are looking to hire a Head of Engineering to provide people, technical and architectural leadership within the business. Working closely with the CTO you will be responsible for growing and shaping their in house developer team as well as engaging and inspiring their outsourced function.
This is pivotal role for the organisation and a key one as their proposition is taken to market. We require someone with a strong character and who can hold their own amongst an ambitious and driven leadership function. As a business they are looking to continually innovate through their use of tech, data and automation. Following a successful soft launch a wider market launch is in preparation, so someone who brings entrepreneurial qualities and forward thinking ideas is highly desired.
You will have responsibility for:
- Building, motivating and developing the in-house team, as well as utilising their outsourced engineers to their maximum capability.
- Working in partnership with senior management to solve problems in an agile and delivery focused way.
- Being an advocate for technical implementations.
- Be hands on as required for all aspects of the technology that support the business, including third party integrations and infrastructure.
To be considered you will need to have:
- Knowledge of the companies tech stack – Python, Django, React, Docker, AWS, Athena, Airflow, S3, Spark.
- Shipped code in high level languages.
- Led and managed the engineering of scalable web applications.
- End-to-End delivery of technical projects.
- Supported performance and development of engineers.
- Have worked in fast paced environments, preferably start-ups.
- Worked to deadlines and managed stakeholder expectations.
- Excellent communication skills, strong focus on delivery and a willingness to get stuck in.
This start-up have a hugely compelling mission and a team built of individuals from diverse backgrounds, collaborating towards a meaningful product.