Head of Digital
- Contract type:Permanent
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London, GB
Futureheads have partnered with a Global Media Business, as they hire a Head of Digital who will enable them to drive further growth. The business has a suite of successful B2C products & services and provide a range of digital solutions across multiple territories.
This is a pivotal role, helping to create the digital plan for the UK, and will require collaborating with a broad range of key stakeholders across the media group, and liaising with the board and c-suite.
Our client prides themselves on offering an inclusive and diverse environment, and they celebrate difference, knowing that people are at the heart of their business.
The Media business have recently reviewed their approach to digital across the group, and the Head of Digital will play a key role in the creation and ownership of this digital strategy.
The UK is the biggest and most complex market, and this you will have the support of a team of digital experts and Senior Stakeholders within the business. The media group are mature as a business and have clear, fully backed plans, so the Head of Digital is in a good position to take advantage of the reputation of the business to implement their ideas for Digital. The role will bring new perspectives and insights to support the digital thinking at board level.
The Head of Digital will be responsible for creating and implementing the digital strategy for the business, and the overall success of digital for the group. They will be responsible for establishing strong relationships with key people across the business, and co-ordinating across multiple workstreams including content, marketing and commercial.
The Head of Digital will bring a product, and a commercial understanding to the team. They will ensure that the focus and view on what is needed, bringing a commercial understanding while also working in partnership with the central hub to ensure that.
Success in this role will be through making a marked difference to the business and bringing clarity to the wider business on what digital is, and how it is being effective.
As a key role within the business, there are some key areas of experience the client will be looking for applicants to demonstrate throughout the process. These include:
- Experience working for a digital-first, media business. Please note that if you don’t have media experience, your profile won’t be considered.
- Examples of originating and implementing a digital strategy.
- Someone that can navigate a matrix organisation and bring people together to work towards the same vision.
- Experience presenting to board and C-suite level stakeholders, and engaging with stakeholders that have varying understanding of digital.
- Strong previous planning experience: can set their own objectives alongside those of the business unit.
- Someone with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- The ability to deliver when faced with ambiguity
- A team player who is comfortable working across teams