- Contract type:Permanent
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:Milton Keynes, GB
Futureheads is exclusively partnered with one of the largest BioTech companies in the UK, we’re assisting them in finding an experienced Data Engineer to join their data team based in Milton Keynes.
This provides a unique opportunity to be part of an organisation who are making a genuine positive impact globally in producing new medicines and treatment techniques for patients.
The role itself will be focusing on promoting a DataOps approach to the Data/Data science delivery process, automating the provision of data, testing and monitoring and to shorten development cycles and increase deployment frequency to quickly meet the data analytics needs of the business.
The ideal candidate will possess strong commercial Azure experience, coding knowledge with C#.Net or Python and 3+ years data engineering experience.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience, with weighting on experience and proven track record preferred
- Extensive experience as a Data Engineer or DataOps engineer.
- Fully conversant with agile and DataOps services and support methodologies and concepts.
- Must have worked in CICD ways of working using tools like Azure DevOps.
- Be familiar with working in cloud environments in particular Azure. GCP and AWS are added advantage.
- Knowledge on Azure infrastructure services like Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS), containers etc to leverage auto scale functionalities for high availability data solutions delivery
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts and methods.
- Experience with following tools and technologies Azure Data Factory/Data Bricks/Azure Data Lake/Azure DW/Analysis Services.
- Experience of the Azure analytics components, Power BI, Power Apps & Microsoft Visual Studio is desirable.
- Excellent development skills & extensive hand-on development & coding experience in a variety of languages, e.g. C#, Python, SQL, DAX, etc
This is an important and urgent vacancy for our client so please do not hesitate in sending through your CV.