- Contract type:Permanent
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:London, GB
Futureheads are partnered with a rapidly growing FinTech startup in London who are seeking a budding Android Developer to join the team.
This role will be responsible for working within a dedicated mobile development team on the continued build of their Android app. You will work alongside other developers to maintain a high quality app and develop new features that enhance the overall experience.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a mid-weight Android developer who wants to challenge themselves and gain exposure to solving problems in a scaling and fast paced environment. Their hard working yet informal and relaxed working culture makes it a really enjoyable place to develop your skills, plus offers the opportunity to work with the latest technology.
What you’ll do
You will help to create a reliable application that makes investing simple and enjoyable for users. You will be involved in the whole life cycle from suggesting new features to releasing the application:
- Develop the application, write the code that runs the application.
- Interact with the product manager and designers to refine ideas into fully specified user stories, that define how the user will interact with the application.
- Help to suggest new features for the application that will make the app experience better for users, and that will make the application more reliable.
- Break down stories into manageable chunks that allow features to be developed in an iterative manner that allow us to release regularly so we can gain feedback from our users.
- Estimate features so that we can get a reliable release date estimate for the rest of the company and users.
- Support the design of the architecture of the android application.
- Release the app when all the features for the release have been developed.
- Monitor the app post-release to ensure that it is working as expected.
Who you are
- Someone who is excited about making an application you would use personally that helps make saving and investing easier and more accessible.
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Interested in all areas of the business and enjoys hearing about what other team members are working on.
- Genuine interest in financial technology.
- Constantly looking to improve all areas that you can affect.
- Excited about learning and experience new ways of thinking.
Experience and skills
- Computer science or related degree.
- Commercial experience in Android development
- Proficient in Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with common design patterns such as MVP or MVVM
- Experience using common libraries such as RxJava2, Dagger2, Retrofit etc
- Experience creating rich mobile interfaces.
- Exposure across most aspects of software development from gathering requirements to releasing.
Please do not hesitate to send through your CV to be considered.
Other jobs you might like...
Business Intelligence Provider
Futureheads are partnered with a global business intelligence organisation that connect key individuals from the worlds of investment, private equity and management consulting with industry experts. These experts provide both...