- Contract type:Contract
- Duration:3 months
- Start Date:ASAP
- Location:Central London, GB
Futureheads are currently partnered with a tech start-up, who have built their first product which is a self-maintaining tool that allows agile teams to automatically document their code. They are looking for a Backend Engineer for 3 months starting asap.
They are now looking for a backend engineer who will be responsible for delivering, monitoring, and scaling the web services behind the product. Working on a modern codebase you will have to opportunity to work on the latest technologies to solve complex problems.
You will be surrounded by a team of talented engineers who will encourage you to have a lot of technical input and contribute to business decisions, define the architecture and APIs of data-intensive services and lead the delivery of the rest of the backend.
The backend currently runs on:
- Express and Koa with routing-controllers
- PostgreSQL, ArangoDB, and MongoDB
- Redis and Kafka
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Stackdriver, Redash, and Grafana
- Google Cloud Platform
For this role you should display the relevant experience:
- Working out how to break down complex backends into loosely coupled and sanely-architected services
- experience building scalable and robust web services
- Implementing standardised API patterns (REST, RPC, GraphQL)
- Scaling backends from first release to a robust & highly available state
- Building secure applications with multi-tiered access levels
- Working with web services in containerised environments
This business is extremely well funded and have ambitious plans for the next year. If you want to be part of a business who are building products that fit your needs as a software developer, then you will love these guys!