Tech Lead / Head of Development
- Contract type
- Central London
- Start date
We are partnered with an insurtech start up, based in central London, on a mission to disrupt an out of touch insurance industry. They have redesigned insurance to be consumer-centric with a view to offer better value and service to customers as well as a wider range of product options.
They now seek a Tech Lead / Engineering Manager who is well versed with PHP & Symfony tech stacks to play a vital role in helping them do this.
This role will be reporting to the CEO and leading a team of 5 developers (1 front end, 2 back end, 2 apps), the ideal candidate will possess leadership experience but will not hesitate to get involved where needed from code-level support to safeguarding the availability of service, thus ensuring security of database and dataflow with different value chain partners and designing the software infrastructure for growth.
You will be experienced at deciding the architecture as well as managing an effective development and deployment process and understand the value of testing. You will get to contribute fundamentally to the direction of the product and strategy of the business, as part of the senior management team.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding, good communication skills, and most of all enthusiasm for tackling the challenges of balancing the business benefits of rapid development with safeguarding the stability of the service. And everything your team builds keeps the end user experience in mind.
The VP Engineering will be responsible for all technical aspects and technological resources of the business including budget control and the recruitment of additional development personnel, whom you will lead.
- Machine learning for automation of processes in fraud detection and claims
- VR/AR opportunity with our next insurance line
- Refactoring to support multiple insurance lines
- Led the technological strategy/architecture to meet the business needs as it expands across insurance lines and new geographies
- Recruiting and leading development teams
- Managing competing priorities and not hesitating to seek direction from Head of Product
- Launching new products, APIs and working with partnerships
- Led a team of at least 5 people
- Experienced in Dev Ops
- Understand the constraints of regulation and GDPR
- Open source frameworks
- Focus on testing whether unit or functional
- Worked with no sequel database
- Experience: at least 10 years work experience.
- Analytical: deep analytical skills developed with top tier strategy consultancies, with a focus on insurance
- Hands-on: ready to roll-up sleeves and get things done when needed.
- Leadership: you should be able to motivate a group of committed, smart people to consistently deliver their best work, while doing the best work of your career.
- Organisation: fantastical organisational skills and ability to prioritise
Please send through your profile to be considered.