Mobile QA Engineer
- Contract type
- Central London
- Start date
Mobile QA Engineer – FinTech – Central London
We are partnered with an established FinTech SME who offer numerous investment products to their growing userbase which currently stands at 170,000. Their engineering and QA teams have grown rapidly since the company’s beginnings in 2015, they now require a further QA with strong mobile testing experience on native apps across both iOS and Android platforms.
Ideally they are seeking someone who is interested in fintech, and excited to change how people in the UK save and invest along with a passion for all things QA and testing.
This is a great opportunity for an up and coming manual QA Engineer who has focused solely on native mobile apps or an experienced Test Analyst who has recently delved into the world of mobile QA and would like to further develop this skillset.
Automation testing experience is highly desirable but in no way essential. Commercial experience of QA tools such as Postman, Charles Proxy, HockeyApp and Testflight is required as is strong Jira knowledge.
What you’ll do
This role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Find bugs and analyse the importance and priority of bugs relating to a release.
- Write clear bug reports and provide all necessary detail so that others are able to reproduce and diagnose the issue.
- Play a part in clarifying business requirements and user stories.
- Test new features and ensure existing features are working well.
- Carry out smoke and regression tests where appropriate.
- Carry out exploratory testing and knowing what will be enough.
- Collaborate across the wider team, predominately, development teams, product owner and UX teams.
- Work alongside junior members in the team to guide them and provide support where appropriate.
Some of the technologies/tools they use:
- Charles proxy
- Microsoft SQL Server
- HockeyApp and Testflight for builds
- Postman for an API testing
- Jira for bug tracking
- Confluence for documentation
- Slack for team communication and collaboration
- .NET, iOS Swift, Android Java
- Microsoft Azure
- TeamCity for CI builds
Octopus Deploy for deployments
Who you are
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world.
- Passionate about all things mobile and apps.
- Up to date with the latest developments with technology and QA.
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong problem solver who is able to embrace new challenges
- Comfortable working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
Experience and skills
- Proven experience hands-on testing with native mobile apps (+2 years) within a similar fast-paced environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Analytical and critical thinking mindset.
- Experience with testing on various environments such as test and UAT.
- Pragmatic when raising bugs and understand the difference between quality and meeting release deadlines.
- Familiar with Agile methodology.
- Fluency in English.
- Any automation experience, especially Appium is an advantage.
Please send through your CV to be considered.