Industrial Design Director
- Contract type
- New York
- Start date
A Industrial Design Director is needed for a design studio HQ’d in a very unique space in NYC
Leading the industrial design practice, you will be responsible for business development to help win new projects, project leadership and manage a team of Industrial Designers.
Other responsibilities will include:-
• Lead product development projects with an expert understanding of core Industrial Design skills
• Manage a team from juniors to seniors and help them grow their careers
• Work with the studio leadership team and collaborate on business development activities
• Be a thought lead via blog posts, articles, speaking engagements, etc.
The Industrial Design Director must have:-
• At least 10 years’ experience as an Industrial Designer
• Expertise in human cantered design and design research methodologies
• Strong team manager
• Expertise and demonstrable 2D skills, Illustrator and Photoshop rendering, as well as 3D CAD skills
• Be passionate about conceptualizing and designing product solutions for people in their homes, as well as super curious about all things design
If you are a client facing Industrial Design Director who wants to be at the front-end of innovation and Industrial Design and help improve the way people live and work, then this role is ideal for you.