Data Scientist, Software House, NYC
- Contract type
- New York City
- Start date
A Data Scientist with at least 2 years commercial experience is needed for a retail technology company, who is growing their presence in Manhattan.
The ideal candidate will be very analytical with an understanding of engineering, have a business focus and come from the consumer sector.
For this critical Data Scientist role, you must have the following skills:-
- At least 2 years’ experience in data modelling, statistical analysis and experiment design
- Proficiency in R or Python. SQL is a must have
- Exposure to ETL, data model design and date warehouse concepts
- Ability to perform ad hoc analysis, measure the validity of the results and communicate actionable insights to decision makers
- BA/BS degree or above in one of the following subjects is a must – Mathematics, Statistics or Operations Research
- Execute quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights that lead to innovation
- Produce reports and visuals for stakeholders
- Collaborate with peers in other departments to collect new data sources into data warehouse and data visualization platforms
- A/B testing
- Help drive critical product decisions and innovations through creation, analysis and optimisation of reports
The ideal candidate for this Data Scientist role will focus on people first and consistently strive to support the success of their team, company and products.