Start-up eCommerce Brand
- Contract type
- Start date
We’re working with a wellbeing focused ecommerce start-up who are looking to grow their small product team with their first design hire to work alongside engineers and product management.
They need someone who is comfortable being that first design hire, who can help establish processes and who will be (ideally) able to help grow out a design team, whilst remaining hands on, at least initially.
Whilst they’d ideally like to hire and end-to-end designer, prior research experience is not essential. Having said this, they do need someone who sees the value in good user testing and research.
Design is highly valued within the business- lots of people come from a brand background. As a designer you would gain lots of exposure to other parts of the team and if you wanted to, could help influence other areas of the business such as reconsidering the delivery customer experience (design of physical packaging/ delivery notes).
If you’re the right person for this role:
- You have at least 4 years of experience designing consumer-focused digital products
- You are a great designer and love what you do
- You’ve shipped several consumer products
- You have worked across UX and UI design
- You’re a strong communicator and enjoy working collaboratively
- You can translate concepts and brand identity guidelines into mockups, wireframes, sketches and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- You have experience in user research and testing and are happy talking directly to customers about products you are designing
- You take a user-centred design approach
- You are interested in the design process and how to improve it
- You have experience defining requirements and working directly with Engineers through the delivery process
They’re still a young culture/ business but the founders are great at giving people autonomy and you would have the freedom to decide how to go about solving problems. They’re all friendly/ easy to chat to people.
As a brand, they feel what they offer, and their products can improve mental and physical health- this is important to them and a lot of their hires have come about through people naturally interested in the brand. They have regular get togethers and breakfasts as a business- a real sociable bunch.