R&D Innovation Director - Wearable Devices
Global Pharmaceutical Giant
- Contract type
- Warren, NJ
- Start date
Our client is a global pharmaceutical business who are experiencing an exciting period of change across the organization to transform how new technologies are used to improve performance across the Group. The company is leading the way in creating disruptive technologies that will change the way they work, creating new disruptive products for consumers globally.
This position will be part of an evolving R&D digital innovation strategy where you will play a key role in developing new digital medical devices for the company, evaluating what products are currently in the market and creating custom wearable devices. This is a global role where you will collaborate with colleagues and 3rd parties across the EU and Asia and a great opportunity to create genuinely disruptive products, backed by a global, resourceful organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the prototype design from concepts to large scale manufacturing with contract manufacturers, supporting the due diligence on devices with mechanical and/or electrical systems
- Removing technical and logistical hurdles during solution development, launch and maintenance (e.g. updating an app without disrupting users)
- Contributing to the R&D innovation strategy to deliver digital innovation including devices, wearables and apps
- Providing expert support and direct project input to (electronic/digital) device innovation projects, ensuring cross-functional alignment between Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering and Manufacturing and be accountable for the quality and the design of the hardware
- Working across the Digital Innovation Hub to ensure device acceptance criteria are clearly defined and be responsible for the identification of product performance risks, identifying trade-offs, and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Act as the lead specialist in evaluating targeted technologies for due diligence and be responsible for the development of best practices insights for digital technology
The successful candidate will be / have:
- Significant experience working with Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Product Design
- Deep practical experience in leading digital / medical / connected / IoT devices
- End to end product experience from inception, manufacturing and launching globally
- Experience in collaborating with and influencing across R&D and commercial stakeholders
- Effective stakeholder management is essential in this position, you will be required to successfully deliver complex plans across multiple partners, brands and geographies
- Excellent influencing skills
- A deep knowledge of the digital device landscape to establish baseline credibility across internal stakeholders
- Previous experience leading, managing and developing talent
This is a great opportunity to be part of a market leading company, developing exciting greenfield products for the business that will be rolled out globally and make a genuine impact on the lives of people.