Technical Analyst/Data Scientist
Mobile Engagement Platform
- Contract type
- New Jersey, NY
- Start date
A Technical Analyst/Data Scientist is needed for a mobile engagement platform, based in Jersey City (near Newport PATH).
Whilst working in a very fast paced environment, the Technical Analyst/Data Scientist will develop data structures, processes and products that help to facilitate the interpretation of audiences and behaviours, whilst working with extremely large data sets.
The ideal candidate must have:-
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Stats, Maths or any other technical field
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a very similar role, ideally within the Ad Tech sector
• Demonstrable experience with Java, Scala and/or Spark
• Software Engineering skills – building analytical pipelines and the development of prototypes for core company products and systems
Key responsibilities will include:-
• Collaboration with engineering teams to bring analytical prototypes to production
• Raw data analysis – assessing quality, cleansing and structuring of processes
• Data Management – familiarity with Hadoop and SQL will be ideal
• Quantitatively minded individual with strong problem solving – identify issues quickly and rapidly determine root cause and effective resolution
• Demonstrable data analysis skills, including slicing and dicing large datasets and the application of analytical techniques such as statistical methods and machine learning
This Technical Analyst/Data Scientist position is a great opportunity to work with leading edge technologies, as well as design and develop one the biggest mobile advertising and data research platforms.