- Contract type
- Central London
- Start date
We are currently working with a tech-accelerating venture capitalist with a great model of investing and scaling start ups. They have had many success stories and currently have a portfolio of around 60 companies. Working with founders, they support start-ups then invest in with Product Strategy, Product management, Tech, Design, Branding, UX, Growth, Storytelling and Talent.
They are currently looking for a Product Manager to support our pre-seed companies to build great products from inception to their first 12 months. This is an entrepreneurial role, requiring someone who loves all aspects of product development and delivery, enjoys being involved at the early stages and loves to get into the detail to ship great product.
The role will be supported by the Product Partner who will be increasingly focussed on working with the later stage companies in the portfolio. The position will give the right candidate opportunity to work across the full product life cycle for products including App/mobile, web and AI.
As Product Manager, you will...
- Work across multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, UX, growth, talent, PR and investors
- Launch and iterate on multiple start-ups from day one across very different types of businesses and product solutions
- Work closely with Lead UX to run customer interviews to get a deep understanding of the problem to be solved
- Run and participate in Design Sprints to rapidly move from research to testable prototypes
- Work with the team to create deeper prototypes, feature specs and user stories to aid product development
- Be involved in all aspects of product from branding to development
- Work daily with the team to ensure that the products are delivered on time and to a high quality
- Live a high-quality and Lean philosophy
- You will constantly be seeking ways to deliver effective product quickly and then gathering feedback to improve it
The ideal candidate will be / have:
- Have the ability to pitch in to get things over the line when necessary. This might be that you are also strong in UX, Customer Research, Growth, Branding or Tech.
- Be experienced in gathering both qualitative and quantitative data to help decide how to improve a product.
- Experience of working with UX, Design and Technology to build great products
- Ideally have worked in an early stage start-up, or worked in a product or delivery / Project Management role at an agency
- Have working knowledge of agile methodologies, prototyping, creating concise specs and user stories.
- Understanding of mobile and web technologies
- A demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers will love
- Have seen at least one product through to product/market fit.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be self-motivated, independent and creative
- The ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
- The capacity for self-motivation, independent initiative and creative problem-solving