Senior DevOps Engineer
- Contract type
- Central London
- Start date
We are partnering with one of the largest healthcare companies globally who are on the lookout for experienced DevOps Engineers to join their established team based in central London.
They're on an ongoing mission to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
The main areas of their businesses focus on research, development and manufacture of innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products, therefore continuing to be one of the most trusted and best performing healthcare companies in the world.
This team is a new and growing group of passionate thinkers and makers embarking on a journey of discovery and innovation to change the face of the healthcare industry. Exploring new ways of using their technology to provide life-saving medicines to the people who really need them, using open and transparent methods, with passionate people with low ego who are eager to learn.
Who we’re looking for...
You're an experienced cloud engineer passionate about building scalable and reliable systems. Your mandate will be to take a leading role inside a multi-functional product engineering team and provide the operational experience and knowledge required to help the team succeed.
As a high-performing and self-reliant engineer, you will constantly query, analyse and improve our client's processes and technical stacks, automating and monitoring everything from CI/CD pipelines to infrastructure provisioning. Your main attributes are curiosity, determination and self-reliance - you have the ability to continuously identify and fix areas of improvement and identify and fill gaps in your expertise.
But it's not just about technology - you're also an adept communicator who has excellent interpersonal skills. You will develop effective partnerships with platform, systems engineering and security teams throughout the business, helping foster an empathetic and open approach to the challenges they collectively face.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reporting into the Director of Systems Engineering.
- Embedding yourself deeply in your team, becoming familiar with the problem domain and understanding the business and compliance challenges you will help address.
- Designing and implementing shared operational infrastructure and processes, working on everything from provisioning an entire cloud environment to investigating a failed Kubernetes deployment. You're ideally a jack of all trades, happy to jump from one area to another and bring your technical expertise to bear on complicated problems.
- Helping your team maintain, improve and expand their delivery pipeline from their workstations to production environments.
- Building relationships with other teams and throughout the wider business, helping drive improvements and innovation in your areas of interest.
- Sharing your extensive experience with operational issues - think logging, Linux system administration, monitoring, orchestration, disaster recovery, infrastructure provisioning, networking - to help support scalable and fault-tolerant production systems for your team.
- Developing tooling and applications to support automated operations up and down the delivery chain, using software engineering approaches and tools.
- Providing leadership and mentoring to software engineers by being both a teacher and a learner, unreservedly sharing your knowledge and equally passionate about continually discovering new techniques and ideas.
Skills that capture our eye:
- Extensive DevOps and System Administration experience.
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies with a preference for Azure.
- Sound Linux skills
- Containerisation experience with technologies such as Docker and / or Kubernetes
- Sound scripting skills with one of the following: Python, Bash, Perl or Ruby
- Demonstratable experience of automation and monitoring with tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Terraform.
Moreover, this is a fantastic opportunity to both gain exposure to the latest technologies and to join a company truly making a difference to people’s lives and wellbeing.
Please send through your CV to be considered