Lead Java Developer / Java Team Lead
Music Services Company
- Contract type
- Start date
Futureheads are currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Java Developer / Java Team Lead to join a global media company based in London, who utilise technology to provide a range of industry related services and solutions.
As the Lead Java Developer / Java Team Lead, you will join a skilled software engineering team and play a key role in their future growth. Your hands-on development role will involve leading a small team of skilled developers, where you will provide technical mentorship, leading code reviews/pair programming etc.
You will be a Lead Java Developer / Java Team Lead who appreciates testing, has experience using Git repositories and ideally have previously worked with Maven. As the company move to continuous integration and deployment, they are also doing some really interesting work with data science and engineering, so any experience/interest in these areas is highly beneficial.
The company have recently embarked on a move to continuous deployment to improve their development efficiency and have implemented a range other tools and plan to introduce further tools/best practices, so you will play a key role leading your team and guiding developers.
As a company, technology and digital media services are at the heart of what my client do and they work with high profile clients and partners such as YouTube, iTunes, Spotify and many others.
Skills and experience:
- Core Java experience ideally from heavy data and complex applications
- Experience with frameworks and toolkits such as Spring and Swing UI
- Experience leading, guiding or mentoring others
- Maven experience
- Worked with a range of databases, ideally Oracle but not essential
- Continuous integration experience (e.g. Bamboo or Jenkins)
- Automation test experience and keen to work following TDD
- Version control experience e.g. Git or SVN