- Contract type
- Up to £70,000 + bonus + package
- Start date
A leading retail brand is looking for an IT Project Manager to be part of an IT transformation programme focused on decommissioning legacy solutions and replacing with leading edge technologies. This is a permanent role, based in Uxbridge, offering a salary up to £70,000.
The retailer is embarking on a three year long programme to transform the way its technology teams work, how they deliver projects, and the technologies they use. They want to be forward thinking and strategic in the delivery of IT projects, which until now has been limited to the .com teams. They will be championing the adoption of Agile and DevOps practises.
They are looking to open 300+ more food stores across the UK in the next few years and need a robust supply chain, order management and logistic platform that can support the growth. You will be actively involved in the decommissioning of 50+ applications and systems, and the delivery and development of an innovative algorithm platform that will improve forecasting, ordering and replenishment. As the Project Manager, you will be joining at the discovery stage of the programme and be involved with planning, delivery and closure of a number of projects.
The team will be made up of internal staff and a number of SI/3rd parties and you will establish strong relationships to ensure smooth delivery. Budgets will vary from £1 – 10 million. As the business is changing, you will work with senior stakeholders and teams to help the adoption of agile practises and support the move away from a heavy governance environment. You will be matrix managing internal and third party suppliers – many of which are globally located.
This position is based in West London and offers a great salary and package. This is an opportunity to work across a broad range of business units within a global retailer and you will impact the future of how they work. They offer fantastic career progression and an environment that is flexible in working and development. They are open to seeing candidates from a Project Manager or Business Analyst background with a passion for retail, change and transformation.
To be considered for the IT Project Manager, you should be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Successfully delivered multiple projects concurrently within a large scale programme as a Project Manager – experience managing projects, risks, costs, managing dependancies etc – must have end-to-end exposure
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain and logistics management – either within a retailer or FMCG environment
- Strong stakeholder management – up to CxO (technical and business) – strong ability to adapt to your audience
- Adaptable and flexible in project delivery approaches – should has experience with Agile, Waterfall and ‘Wagile’ – knowledge of Scrum @ Scale or Agile@ Scale beneficial
- Able to motivate and lead teams in a matrix management environment
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience managing SI and 3rd party vendors – getting the best out of them, ensure SLAs are met, contract negotiation
- Flexible and adaptable
- Managed budgets in excessive of £1 million