Java Developer/AWS Middleware Developer
- Contract type
- 3 months
- Start date
Futureheads are currently partnered with a leading digital agency who specialise in marketing and advertising for mobile and web, and are looking for an accomplished Java AWS Middleware Developer to join a project for one of their luxury brand clients.
This position will be joining as a crucial member of a team who are creating a new social network for both iOS and Android with the use of existing SaaS vendors to provide the majority of the backend infrastructure, administration and service features. We are looking for an experienced Java Middleware Developer to join the existing team of experienced mobile developers to integrate the vendors and orchestrate ETL and microservices to provide a scalable middleware solution.
This role would suit an accomplished Java Developer with commercial experience of AWS infrastructure, middleware integration and microservices. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership throughout the project, with a specific focus on defining the middleware technology stack and API orchestration.
We need an AWS subject matter expert with a proven record of building robust and scalable middleware solutions. You will also be expected to have a solid understanding of API and microservice best practices, including design and deployment strategies.
Working knowledge or better of Amazon CloudSearch or similar Lucene based search providers e.g. Solr or Elastic would be great. As well as a deep understanding of search customisation and query tuning to provide high performing and scalable algorithms that support 1M+ documents.
To be considered for this role you will need to be able to display the following:
- Excellent understanding of Java principles including design patterns and best practices
- Expert knowledge and experience of AWS including products such as; EC2, S3, EMR, CloudFront, SimpleDB, DynamoDB, RDS, SQS, SNS, Cloudwatch, VPC, EBS, Cloudsearch, SWF, Lambda and API Gateway
- Strong search implementation experience including schema design, configuration, testing, optimisation and scaling i.e. cloud based approaches.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and GitFlow.
- Excellent communications and time management skills.
- Good understanding of software engineering practices - SDLC.