Software Engineering Lead
Retail Bank (Innovation Team)
- Contract type
- Start date
An exciting opportunity for a Software Engineering Lead to join the innovation team of leading retail bank to help transform their digital offering to improve their customer experience and stay ahead of the curve when it comes to digital banking products.
As the Software Engineering Lead, technical innovation will be at you will be at the heart of what you do. You will be joining the business at a great time as they embark on building out their digital practice and exploring real digital banking innovation.
Joining the Digital Innovation team, your role will involve creating and maintaining highly productive prototypes, alongside building out the required software engineering team around you.
You will play a key role defining, shaping and driving the delivery of innovation projects by building out prototypes of propositions on the innovation roadmap and assessing technology solutions. You will need to demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering skills and practices.
Key skills and experience:
- Excellent software engineering skills and in-depth knowledge in Java
- Strong understanding of Agile, TDD/BDD, automation and continuous
- A background of technical leadership and setting direction
- Knowledge of common web technology and frameworks such as Angular and React
- An understanding of APIs, C# and Node.js is highly beneficial
- A mix of skills including strong technical and team working skills
- Experience of the full SDLC
- Software and platform design skills